Wales Golf have today issued it's latest guidance for all clubs
Baron Hill Returning to Golf Phase 4 to commence 13 th July 2020
Dear Baron Hill Golf Club Members,
We thank you all for your continued support, positivity and patience that has been shown throughout this period and we are now able to move to phase 4 which will allow us play in 3 or 4 balls, re-open the patio area to allow refreshments after play & allow visitors to play on our quieter days.
Today Wales Golf issued a further bulletin focusing on the return of 3 & 4 ball golf & opening of outside hospitality venues extract below the full update is available on the Golf Wales website https://www.walesgolf.org
Wales Golf COVID-19
Wales Golf Update on 3 and 4 ball golf 10th July 2020
Following the First Ministers announcements today, 10th July, Wales Golf is pleased to announce that from Monday 13th of July, 3 and 4 ball golf is permitted from different households following golf industry and Welsh Government protocols. This is as a result of organised outdoor activities being able to resume.
‘The Welsh Government is also making changes to the regulations to allow larger gatherings of up to 30 people outdoors only where these are organised and supervised by a responsible person for sports and other leisure activities and classes.’
Outdoor group coaching sessions and Wales Golf schemes such as New2Golf can re-start safely whilst following the Welsh Government and Industry guidelines.
If your club is interested in starting a New2Golf scheme, please contact your Wales Golf development officer who can talk you through the new scheme requirements
It has also been announced that from Monday 13th July, food and beverage can resume operating an outdoor service only providing they follow Welsh Government advice including Test, Trace, Protect.
- We would like to thank Mr Eric Jones for donating his single Buggy for use by all members, that takes our number of buggies available for hire up to 4 (See Masterscoreboard for booking) the rates for members hiring are:-
- Double Buggy 9 Holes - £7.50
- Single Buggy 9 Holes - £5.00
- Double Buggy 18 Holes - £10.00
- Single Buggy 18 Holes - £7.50
- The Club’s patio area will re-open from Tuesday 14th of July between the hours of 10am & 4pm (weather permitting) members must adhere to the social distancing guidelines, members & visitors will be able to take refreshments before, during & after golf. The Disabled toilet will be open during these times but both the clubhouse & locker-room will remain closed to avoid members congregating in indoor spaces;
- We have received instructions to prepare for the re-opening of indoor hospitality settings from the 3rd of August BUT as yet this is not the date for reopening of the clubhouse but we need to prepare;
- Green Fees will re-open from the 13th of July but in the short-term green fees will be limited to the quieter days Wednesday/Friday/Saturday between the hours of 10am & 4pm; visitors will need to use our online booking system to book a tee-time & payment will only be possible via the clubs card payment machine, booking instructions available on our website www.baronhill.co.uk ;
- A Polite reminder that all members MUST Pre-Book a tee-time using Masterscoreboard particularly as we re-open the patio area for refreshments ; should the worst case occur & a member/visitor tests positive we will be using the Masterscoreboard booking system to enable tracing all those potentially at risk;
- We have had a fantastic take-up of the new members offer with 40 new members already at the club we would like to welcome you all & hopefully in the not too distant future arrange a welcome event at the clubhouse;
- We would like to remind all members that thanks to the hard work done by the match committees we have a full calendar of fixtures – see Masterscoreboard for fixtures;
- Tuesdays Ladies Day & Seniors Roll-Up
- Thursdays Seniors Competitions
- Friday Roll-up
- Sunday Gents Competitions
- Please get your cards in & get involved;
- A Reminder to all members that if they propose a new Full Member, Under 30’s Member or 18 Month Deal Member they will be entitled to £50 off their 2021 membership;
- The Caernarfonshire & Anglesey Affiliation Card is for sale at the club for £20 with £5 of every sale being retained by the club, the affiliation card expiry date has been extended to 31st March 2022; the card enables you to play at the majority of clubs in C&A for an additional £10 green fee on presentation of card, it is advisable to phone ahead to book & confirm rates applicable;
- The Anglesey Golf Union has refunded the 2020 membership fee to all clubs in view of the current challenging trading conditions;
- Wales Golf have waived their subscriptions for the 5 months ended 31st August 2020;
- The Green’s Committee have had a number of volunteers to assist them with the water management project which is progressing well.
Members are reminded that we must follow the guidance provided by both Wales Golf & The Government, we could face a visit to ensure we are compliant.
Board of Directors Baron Hill Golf Club