We are please to announce that following the Golf Wales Update Friday 31st July we are able to open indoors at the clubhouse subject to restrictions.
Baron Hill Returning to Golf Phase 5 to commence 3rd August 2020
Dear Baron Hill Golf Club Members,
We thank you all for your continued support, positivity and patience that has been shown throughout this period and we are now able to move to phase 5 which will allow us to re-open the clubhouse but with restrictions detailed below.
On Friday 31st July Wales Golf issued a further bulletin focusing on the re-opening of indoor hospitality venues extract below the full update is available on the Golf Wales website https://www.walesgolf.org
Welsh Government Update 31st July
Today (31st July) it has been confirmed indoor bar and restaurant facilities are able to open from Monday 3rd August. The statement can be found on https://www.walesgolf.org.
If conditions remain favourable, from the 10th of August, both indoor teaching & practice facilities and club changing room facilities are able to re-open, providing they can be re-opened safely and following the Welsh Government Guidelines.
• Extra care/signposting will be provided to maintain social distancing when in these areas.
• Lockers will remain in use, as long as social distancing can be maintained.
• Spray and cloths will be available for customer use for touch points.
COVID-19 Restrictions in the Clubhouse
- The Clubhouse will be open 10am to 16:30pm (Except Mondays);
- Card payment to be used for all purchases;
- We will be operating a one-way system;
- Entrance from the Main Entrance only;
- Exit via the fire door;
- All non-members must give contact details on arrival;
- Table service so no standing at the bar;
- Maximum seating indoors is 18 (unless sitting in a family unit)
- Hand sanitisers situated near the entrance & exit they must be used at all times;
- Face masks are optional at this stage;
- Social distancing to be adhered to at all times;
- Locker-Rooms to be re-opened on the 10th of August if approved.
- The Executive held its first meeting since the lock-down yesterday (3rd of August);
- All members are reminded they must pre-book a tee-time to assist in trace, track & record;
- We have had a fantastic take-up of the new members offer with 60 new members already at the club we would like to welcome you all & hopefully in the not too distant future arrange a welcome event at the clubhouse;
- A Reminder to all members that if they propose a new Full Member, Under 30’s Member or 17 Month Deal Member they will be entitled to £50 off their 2021 membership;
- The Caernarfonshire & Anglesey Affiliation Card is for sale at the club for £20 with £5 of every sale being retained by the club, the affiliation card expiry date has been extended to 31st March 2022; the card enables you to play at the majority of clubs in C&A for an additional £10 green fee on presentation of card, it is advisable to phone ahead to book & confirm rates applicable;
- We would like to remind all members that thanks to the hard work done by the match committees we have a full calendar of fixtures – see Masterscoreboard for fixtures;
- Tuesdays Ladies Day & Seniors Roll-Up
- Thursdays Seniors Competitions
- Friday Roll-up
- Sunday Gents Competitions
- Please get your cards in & get involved;
- Buggy Hire to be booked via Debbie, for those who have been using the buggies post lockdown we politely ask for your accounts to be settled;
- On the guidance of Golf Wales buggies are only to be shared if golfers are from the same household or bubble at this time, when the guidance changes members will be updated;
- We are pleased to announce Stephen Hughes has volunteered to be our junior organizer & we have 15 juniors signed up to date, we wish Stephen well & if any members have old equipment to donate or are willing to assist Stephen then please send an E-Mail email@example.com;
- Baron Hill has signed up to the Golf Wales New to Golf Scheme & we will be arranging coaching for our new to golf & junior members once Golf Wales have processed our application for funding.
- We would like to welcome Plas Coch who have become corporate members of the club;
- The Green’s Committee are progressing well with the water management project with equipment ordered & will be tested on the practice area initially before being installed on each green on the course.
Members are reminded that we must follow the guidance provided by both Wales Golf & The Government, we could face a visit to ensure we are compliant; anybody showing symptoms of COVID-19 should follow the guidance on self-isolation.
Board of Directors Baron Hill Golf Club