Update to Members following latest update from Wales Golf
Baron Hill Update to Members to be Applied from 7th October` 2020
Dear Baron Hill Golf Club Members,
As the number of cases continue to rise the exec felt it important to share with you all the latest guidance from Wales Golf, an extract is included below for full guidance go to www.Walesgolf.org
Wales Golf COVID-19
Welsh Government local lockdown measures state that:
- People will not be allowed to enter or leave these areas without a reasonable excuse, such as travel for work or education;
- People will only be able to meet people they don’t live with outdoors for the time being. They will not be able to form, or be in, extended households;
Wales Golf would like to remind clubs and golfers that people cannot travel into or out of a restricted area for sport, as this is not a ‘reasonable excuse’ to enter or leave the area. Travel within a local lockdown area to a golf club is permissible providing you are a resident of that area.
Across Wales, face coverings are now mandatory whilst indoors. For further information on how this impacts golf please view our FAQ: Face coverings here
Further clarification has been provided by the Welsh Government on Bars and restaurants. These procedures would also apply in a golf club setting.
- Premises should be providing table service only
- All premises selling alcohol must provide table service only
- All licensed premises will have to stop serving alcohol at 10pm. All places licensed to sell alcohol for consumption on the premises will need to close by 10.20pm
- All food and drink should be consumed at tables
- Physical distancing measures will be applied, such as tables being spaced out,
- You will be asked to give contact details for purposes of tracing people in the event of an outbreak being linked to the venue, and
- There will be no live music and TV broadcasts will be kept at low volume
- Face coverings are required in areas where you are not seated at a table.
We have also made the decision that effective from this update:-
- The Rule of six states that a maximum of 6 people from a single household/bubble are able to sit together indoors, golfers not from the same household are not permitted to sit together indoors sharing a table even if following the 2 metre social distancing rule;
- Payment for your refreshments will be taken at your table using a card machine as we are not able to accept cash payments at this time.
- All members are reminded they must pre-book a tee-time to assist in trace, track & record;
- A QR code is now available in the clubhouse please download the APP & scan your mobile devices when at the club;
- We would like to congratulate the match committees for ensuring the full seasons fixtures will be completed by the end of October;
- The Captain’s Charity event took place on the 4th October it was a great success raising over £1,000 for St David’s Hospice;
- The New to Golf Sessions were completed on 21st September with 7 adults & 12 juniors participated in the six coaching sessions provided by PGA Professional Matthew Wharton;
- World Handicap System our slope rating board is on view in the clubhouse as you know we will be changing to the World Handicap System on 2nd November 2020. As part of this Wales Golf would like us to provide them with the names, date of birth and email address of all members. If you do not want the club to transfer your information into the new system contact Mike Lehane before 15th October. If you decide not to give Wales Golf your email address it may well cause some difficulty in keeping up to date with your handicap index;
- We have been in discussions with Bangor Golf Club regarding a reciprocal agreement so that in the event of local lockdowns in Gwynedd or Anglesey, members who live in Gwynedd will be able to play their golf at Bangor; Likewise Bangor Golf Club members residing on Anglesey will be able to play their golf at Baron Hill.
We must emphasise for the safety of the wider membership any member/visitor/member of staff showing any symptoms of COVID-19 should stay away from the club until such a time as they have had a negative test result.
The guidance is constantly evolving for the latest updates search https://gov.wales/coronavirus
As the rate of infections continue to rise we remind each member if they are aware of members or visitors breaching these new rules they must remind those flaunting the guidance of the risks facing us all at this time & ask them to respectfully adhere to the guidance.
Members are reminded that we must follow the guidance provided by both Wales Golf & The Government, we could face a visit to ensure we are compliant; anybody showing symptoms of COVID-19 should follow the guidance on self-isolation.
Board of Directors Baron Hill Golf Club