Update to Members 8th November 2020
Baron Hill Update to Members 8th November2020
Dear Baron Hill Golf Club Members,
Firstly we would like to thank you all for your loyalty during this latest lockdown & we are pleased to confirm the Golf Course will be re-opening from Monday 9th November once the Welsh Firebreak ends. Unfortunately the clubhouse may not be open next week as our Steward Debbie tested positive for COVID-19 & is self-isolating we all wish her well on her recovery & look forward to seeing her back at the club in the near future.
Apologies for the length of this update but it includes the 2 proposals for the AGM.
Wales Golf Issued an update on the 6th November the link to the Wales Golf website is - https://www.walesgolf.org/covid-19/.
Wales Golf COVID-19
Page last updated 6th November
Golf Courses to reopen in Wales
Wales Golf are looking forward to welcoming golfers back to their clubs from Monday 9th of November:
- Golf clubs, courses, professional shops, and driving ranges will be able to reopen.
- Up to 15 people can take part in an organised indoors activity and up to 30 in an organised activity outdoors, providing all social distancing, hand hygiene and other COVID-19 safety measures are followed. This will allow golf to be played in fourballs and allows group coaching to resume. The requirement to book before you play golf will continue.
- Golf club restaurants, will be able to reopen. Following the announcement about the English lockdown, Ministers are having ongoing discussions with the hospitality sector about the detailed rules for reopening. This includes about meeting in public indoor spaces. Further details to follow.
- Maintain two metre social distancing and wear face masks in enclosed public places around the golf club and facility.
- There will be no legal restrictions on travel within Wales for residents, but international travel should be for essential reasons only.
Wales Golf are currently updating their Guidance for clubs. This will be circulated in due course. The safety of all golfers remains paramount during this time.
We MUST Emphasise if any member has any COVID-19 symptoms they must follow NHS guidance & self-isolate.
- Work on the water management system has begun thanks to Wyn, Stephen & their team of volunteers for breaking ground on this very important work;
- Match Secretary Deiniol has completed the review of the Summer competitions for all you who have received a prize congratulations & for those owing for competition entry please arrange settlement by the deadline set;
- We as an Exec have decided to close the club to non-members until 1st January 2021 as the safety of our members comes before income from green fees;
- Our AGM is Thursday 3rd December 7pm at the clubhouse, it will not be possible for a full attendance with the maximum allowed indoors (at this time) as per the guidance is 15. We want all sections represented namely, the Ladies, Seniors, Juniors, Gents with the Chair/Captain/Treasurer required to attend we will only have limited places for members. If you would like the opportunity to attend put your name on the list in the hallway to the locker-room & we will put all names in a draw & those picked out will be offered first refusal, a week prior to the AGM;
- At the AGM we have a vacant position as Steven Matthews will no longer be able to do both the role of Club Treasurer & Secretary so please put your name down on the nomination sheet if you would like to be considered for this role;
- Both Mr Alan Hughes & Mr Glyn Davies are due to leave the exec this December we would like to thank them for all their hard work over a number of years, we have 2 vacancies on the exec - again if you are interested in being part of the decision-making process at the club please put your name down on the nomination sheet;
- We have 2 proposals submitted by the exec at the AGM (1) Proposal on 2021 membership rates & (2) Proposal on refunds to members for loss of golf during the COVID-19 lockdowns – SEE FULL DETAIL BELOW;
- If any member has any other proposal they wish to be considered at the AGM the proposals must be received 21 days prior to the AGM, so by the 13th November 2020.
- Annual Accounts will be available prior to or at the AGM.